Looking for map apps to navigate around Venice Italy?
We looked at the apps on the Android and Apple App Store to get these best travel apps to help you plan your trip and see Venice. Most of the apps are free too!
- Google Maps (Available on Android and Apple)
- Venice Travel Guide (Available on Android and Apple)
- High Tide Venice - Hi!Tide (Available on Android and Apple)
- Chebateo (Available on Android and Apple)
To start off, you probably know and have Google Maps. You can download an offline map of Venice City within Google now too.
These are the steps to download an offline map of Venice in Android phones
- Open Google Maps
- Search "Venice" first
- Choose "Offline Maps"
- Check the map covers your travel area, if not you can zoom out more
- Click "Download"
- Note that it will last only for a month before Google will remind you to update it again
Ulmon Venice Travel Guide should be your first and best app to get for getting around. Their map is offline and will help you navigate Venice Italy even if you don't have an Internet connection. It also saves you the money from having to book tours to see Venice Italy. Of course, you still need to pay for the tickets to visit the city.
A few tips because travel map apps do not work similarly in Venice
- Expect to be still lost - Your phone location service / GPS might be very inaccurate due to the tall houses and narrow streets. One street can be just a few meters away from the other and it is hard for your phone to guide you.
- Look for landmarks - Instead of relying on the streets, navigate and familiarise yourself with landmarks to travel around
Mark P, July 26, 2018
(It)really helped to find my way around Venice.
Philip Diep, May 18, 2018
Great app. Saved me a lot of trouble finding where I was in Venice
Christine Marie Domingo, March 25, 2018
Very useful to have with you if you want to explore Venice without necessarily having to book tours.
High Tide Venice - Hi! Tide is a free special official app developed for both tourists and Venetians to help you know the water level of various regions of Venice City such as the ACTV ferry points. As you know, Venice is a city built on water and in recent times, it was "flooded". Therefore, if you happened to be around during rainy seasons, you must get this to know the actual and predicted water levels to prevent having a "wet" trip.
Aditya Veer, May 9, 2019
Easy to identify tide timings in various regions of Venice.
Tina Modrusan, February 3, 2014
Utilissimo! (Italian for very useful)
Chebateo App guides you in planning your vaporetto routes to travel around Venice. This relatively unknown app works even better than the official app because it is how a user would expect it. You can either search for what route to take or tell you which route will come at a stop. The free app allows you to favorite routes so you don’t have to retype the search each time. This allows you to quickly see how much time you still have to get to the vaporetto stop so you don’t miss it.
Terry Mallory-Robinson, October 1, 2018
Invaluable for working out the best routes around the Actv vaporetto network. Highly recommended.
Abdulrahman Jaber, November 17, 2018
A PERFECT APP FOR VENICE TRANSPORTATION OF WATERBUS
We hope you tried out these "best" apps and found them useful to guide you around the city on your day trip. If you found the best app that can help tourists travel around better, do share your tips.