Stop & Smell the Roses! Venice Garden & Home Tour, Saturday, May 3, 2014
Actually, you can smell the roses and look at them while admiring a plethora of beautiful gardens plus tour private homes in Venice!
The Venice Garden & Home Tour takes place on Saturday, May 3, 2014 from 10am – 5pm. This year’s event will feature the charming Venice Walk Streets east of Abbot Kinney Boulevard and the beach Walk Street neighborhood adjacent to the world famous Venice Boardwalk, with 30 gardens and homes in the self guided tour. This annual fundraising event benefits the Neighborhood Youth Association.
The Walk Streets inland from the ocean are actually non-street walking paths, quiet, peaceful oases in the midst of the congested city where homes face each other across the paths. Here the lush vegetation of mature trees, huge palms, magnolias and eucalyptus provide shelter and filtered sun, and the lots are large enough to accommodate gardens, carefully designed by homeowners and landscape designers. The Walk Streets near Abbot Kinney are a short walk from the beach Walk Streets.
- The self-guided walking Venice Garden & Home Tour starts at the Neighborhood Youth Association, 1016 Pleasant View Avenue (between California and Broadway) in Venice at 10:00am and continues until 5:00pm
- Tickets are $60 advance, $70 the day of the event, tax-deductible, non-refundable rain-or-shine
- For tickets and information, please call 310-821-1857 or email Barbara@venicegardentour.org
- Visit the website for details: www.venicegardentour.org
- Neighborhood parking is available as are shuttle vans and restaurants
- Biking is encouraged
- Children under 12 years of age are admitted free